cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nord VPN Connection Issues

Esenfur
Tuning in

Hey guys, I'm hoping to find some insight here because I am at Wit's end. 

Got NordVPN, thought fairly straightforward setup- Install Connect... Every program would disconnect and reconnect over and over..I reached out to NordVPN support... Sat in a Live Chat for 8hours trying to fix this- No Avail. Gone to email support now... Still not fixed. (24 emails in 1 chain!)

Can Someone PLEASE help me to get this working because I really don't know what else I could here. 

Im on a Hub 4 I only recently got earlier this month(yes we gone through the settings in the router and still nothing jumps out) 

19 REPLIES 19

yes with the main desktop I cant use it.  I tested using an old laptop from a friend. 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Nope, thanks for the suggestion tho. Get connected, last for about 30s, booted from every service but still listed as connected. Tried a speed test- failed in upload phase, reload fail to find DNS, eventually page loads completed a test with 50% network speeds- then disconnected again. 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Time to reinstall windows.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Sadly, it's looking that way but i only did it in feb!

Hi @Esenfur, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised regarding connecting to NordVPN.

I'm afraid we at Virgin Media don't support with VPN problems as it is a third party issue, but I just wanted to respond to inform you of this - we will of course however, keep this thread open so you can hopefully receive the help you need from here.

Fingers crossed that you can get this sorted soon!
Many thanks

Tom_W

Cheers for keeping this open Tom, I found the solution eventually- I have a gigabit TP-Link switch in use on the network.

After doing a fresh install on Windows- Still had the same frustrating issue- Once I was on the VPN it clicked in my head "ah let's set the DMZ to IP of fresh install" - the Switch had a default config page the same LAN IP to the Modem/Router- Once I changed this, the issue was resolved. 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for letting us know 🙂 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

I had problem with Nord too

Hey felipepimentel, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community, I am sorry to see you are having some VPN's issues.

However here at Virgin we don't support VPN's because they are a third party programme and we don't support them.

You may find some great advice via this link. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?