cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nord VPN Connection Issues

Esenfur
Tuning in

Hey guys, I'm hoping to find some insight here because I am at Wit's end. 

Got NordVPN, thought fairly straightforward setup- Install Connect... Every program would disconnect and reconnect over and over..I reached out to NordVPN support... Sat in a Live Chat for 8hours trying to fix this- No Avail. Gone to email support now... Still not fixed. (24 emails in 1 chain!)

Can Someone PLEASE help me to get this working because I really don't know what else I could here. 

Im on a Hub 4 I only recently got earlier this month(yes we gone through the settings in the router and still nothing jumps out) 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cheers for keeping this open Tom, I found the solution eventually- I have a gigabit TP-Link switch in use on the network.

After doing a fresh install on Windows- Still had the same frustrating issue- Once I was on the VPN it clicked in my head "ah let's set the DMZ to IP of fresh install" - the Switch had a default config page the same LAN IP to the Modem/Router- Once I changed this, the issue was resolved. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

19 REPLIES 19

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Does it connect fine with hub in modem mode?
---------------------------------------------------------------

no, cannot do this due to network setup/no router.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
You don't need a router to use modem mode.

but for devices around the home, this would disable their access so I cannot go this route

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Your only seeing in the VPN works fine in modem mode if it does then get a better wifi router.

The hub 4 is capable enough, I shouldn't need to buy an additional router for this, this is why i@ve come looking for support.
ill happily share logs with Nord VPN to an engineer as to whats been tried n tested already

g0akc
Problem sorter

@Esenfur wrote:
The hub 4 is capable enough, I shouldn't need to buy an additional router for this, this is why i@ve come looking for support.
ill happily share logs with Nord VPN to an engineer as to whats been tried n tested already

You only need try it in modem mode for a short period to see if it ‘fixes’ the problem with the VPN.  Pick a time that’s best for other users.

If the issue goes away in modem mode then it points to a problem with the hub’s routing capability - In which case it’s not ‘capable enough’.  

do you have a suitable device such as a laptop running the VPN software to try it on?

If the issue lies with the hub you can either wait for VM to fix it (whenever that might be) or get your own router.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Hey there,

finally got round to checking it and yes it works when in modem mode, but when in router mode with a cable on a different device it works also. 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
So no problem then?