cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nooie and Teckin smart pug set up

Salemswhisper
Joining in

We are new to Virgin as we’ve just moved. I’m trying to set up my smart plugs but the just won’t pair. I have had my Nooie ones for over a year and worked fine with Sky. I’ve tried uninstalling the Nooie app, trying Smart Life even brought Tackin plugs just in case the others were not compatible. Virgin customer services didn’t have a clue and suggested I try here..... can anyone help please 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

I am aware that some devices have problems connecting to the hub when smart wifi is turn on, so lets get it turned off.

Login into the hub at http://192.168.0.1 using the details from the base of the hub on a sticker.

When in goto "Advanced Settings", "Wireless", then "Wireless Signal", place a tick in circle where it says "Disable Channel Optimization" and then click on "Apply Changes".

Hub 3.0 2019-04-24 16-24-06.png

That should solve your problem with connecting to the hub.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

I am aware that some devices have problems connecting to the hub when smart wifi is turn on, so lets get it turned off.

Login into the hub at http://192.168.0.1 using the details from the base of the hub on a sticker.

When in goto "Advanced Settings", "Wireless", then "Wireless Signal", place a tick in circle where it says "Disable Channel Optimization" and then click on "Apply Changes".

Hub 3.0 2019-04-24 16-24-06.png

That should solve your problem with connecting to the hub.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Eeeps
Well-informed

Make sure your phone is connected to the 2.4GHz band when you do the pairing.

Unless you have the two bands with different names you can do this by switch off the 5GHz band on the router.
You can turn the 5GHz band back on again after you have the devices paired.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

One thing to try is to set the plugs back to their factory settings. Then start from scratch with them. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thank you so much Mike, I followed your instructions and I’m very please all are now up and running. I never had this problem with my Sky router it was very much plug and play. 

this is spot on