cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No wifi

Millymolly12
Joining in

Hi I had no wifi for 48 hours none on tv as connected wired I reset hub at the back switched off and on etc then yesterday my tv come on for my Netflix etc but no wifi at all it’s finding my wifi ssid used password from under modem and won’t connect at all also says this when my fighter tried to connect off her mobile any help be great can’t get technician out till Monday !!! 

5 REPLIES 5

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

If you’ve got an engineer booked you’ll need to wait until they arrive 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You could see if there is a known problem that they have just acknowledged.

As well as trying the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

If there is a fault reported on there then the Tech visit will be auto-cancelled until that fault is fixed.

If not all you can do is try calling in and see if there has been a cancellation somewhere that allows them to assign an earlier visit

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Millymolly12

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for maing this post regarding your connection, sorry to hear you've been experiencing WiFi issues. I understand this must be frustrating. I have checked our systems and can see you missed the engineer appointment on Monday. How is everything working for you now?

Kind regards,

Serena

Hello I didn’t miss the engineer Monday because the wifi suddenly came back on Sunday after being of 5 days so I went online to canel the appointment and it said I didn’t have one which I found strange 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM probably identified an area fault that they then fixed. When an area fault is discovered all technicians visits are cancelled, unfortunately they do not advise you.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2