cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No wifi

victoriaowen82
Joining in

Good evening I have no wifi I’ve been on the phone to virgin and was asked to reset my hub. The white light doesn’t turn off it continually stay a solid white line. Even when we switch it off at the wall it stays a solid line. Virgin can’t come out until Monday. My internet is my way of staying in touch with people as I suffer tremendously with mental heath so the tv is my life at points. Virgin can’t help. I’m on the priority list as I suffer with disability so again if I’m not able to go out this is my lifeline. I’m at a loss of what to do. Can anyone help please. 

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Legend

"Even when we switch it off at the wall it stays a solid line"  - this suggests the Hub has not being powered off.

When the Hub is powered off all its lights go out very quickly.    The Hub power supply has a regular black 13a main plug.

Make sure your not turning off a plug like the one below, this power an external device ( not the Hub ).

Client62_0-1676127128217.png

No it’s just a normal power plug. I turn that off and when I switch it back on the white light stays on rather than flashing to reset itself 

On the rear of the Hub is a RESET button you may need to give that a try.

With the Hub turned on,  Press and hold the RESET button for 60 seconds to trigger a factory reset.  

Then just leave the Hub to recover it may take some time.

Failing this the engineer will be needed.

I’ve done the reset button over and over but the white light doesn’t flash it just stays on. It’s not rebooting. Virgin are sending someone out but not until Monday afternoon. It’s very frustrating as we’ve only had this new hub for a couple of months. 

Hi victoriaowen82, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

We are very sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your service and we would want to do all we can to help.

In order to check the account and keep up to date with what happens with the visit, we will send you a private message to take a few more details. 

This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat