cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No wifi several days

wood296
On our wavelength

I am in the S9 area of Sheffield. I have had no wifi for several days. Run tests on my phone using virgin app and it says no issues, signal strength on phone shows high yet I get IP Configuration failure. I cannot get WiFi on my laptop or TV to access Netflix. Phoned customer services told it is a problem outside the home affecting others also. They were working to resolve it. Phoned again on a different day told this time might only get intermittent service up until 18th or 20th April. But would get email updates. Other than phoning Virgin myself there has been no communication. As dates had been given it makes me think this was planned work, if so why were we not told about it? I have now used almost all my phone data, I am paying for Netflix which I can't use and I'm hearing nothing back from Virgin regarding keeping me informed and this is day 5 no Internet not even an intermittent service. Very frustrated about the lack of communication. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi wood296,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you have had issues with no or an intermittent Internet connection, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and cannot see any issues at all, how has your connection been since Friday?

Regards

Paul.

wood296
On our wavelength

Had no wifi for almost a week and could not connect any of my devices. One customer service operator told me there was a problem in my area and it was being worked on. The day after when I called another operator told me issue would not be resolved until 18th or 20th of April but I would get updates by email and be compensated. As everything seemed to show that WiFi was present and a third VM operator had arranged for an engineer to visit I did further research on line and someone suggested I reset the router using a paper clip. I did this and now everything is working. I have put in a complaint to VM but have just been fobbed off. I had rebooted at the wall socket several times with no difference. VM never suggested resetting the router. 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @wood296

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about the issue and I am glad to hear the issue is now resolved, sorry to hear it took longer than expected.

Please do contact us if you require any further assistance.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs