cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No wi fi

tonybax1
Tuning in

Anyone ne95rt area having issues with wi fi. Dipping in and out or none at all. Becoming a regular thing. Time for change me thinks

4 REPLIES 4

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@tonybax1 wrote:

Time for change me thinks

Yes I agree its time to get your own wireless router with 1Gb ports and use hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does this problem affect wired connections as well as WiFi? That will help diagnose whether this is a broadband fault or a wireless/router issue? There's plenty of advice that can follow once we know the answer to that.

The advice posted already about a new router can be safely disregarded for now, until some more basics have been checked.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Always, but always, if you are thinking about purchasing your own equipment check out the quality of your circuit. Often it’s the cause of problems and saying that getting your own router will fix it is just a lie. Ok, the VM hubs are not excellent at WiFi, but many people find them adequate.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi tonybax1

Thanks for your post. 

How are things looking Since Sunday 

We have no outages reported 

The Hub levels are looking in range 

Gareth_L