cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No wi-Fi no ethernet

ukmartian
Up to speed

What is going on again .this has been off and on for months..been almost ok for a few weeks had a couple of brief dropouts until this week .last night between 7.30pm and 8.30 extremely slow speeds 1 - 2 mbps then nothing  and after a while it came back , OK a glitch , tonight again same time same symptoms but now nothing I could   mode it came back briefly but none of my smart home devices  worked 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Please keep us posted UKMartian 🙂
 Zoie

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

ukmartian
Up to speed

Sorry accidently  hit send

What is going on again .this has been off and on for months..been almost ok for a few weeks had a couple of brief dropouts until this week .last night between 7.30pm and 8.30 extremely slow speeds 1 - 2 mbps then nothing  and after a while it came back , OK a glitch , tonight again same time same symptoms but now nothing I could   mode it came back briefly but none of my smart home devices  worked I rebooted modem , no joy , rebooted mesh no joy  tried a speed test and  found a decent download  but a strange  error on upload a socket error occurred...I have tried to access my  modem  but unable to log into via wi-fi  192.168.100.1 or ethernet ..but just times out saying address not recognised even virgins nifty self diagnostic wouldn't work...I suspect the Hub is knackered  although I will factory reset it tomorrow  once I have retrieved it from the bin...I will also request a new one ...not a hub 4 though that didn't work with my smart plugs even as a stand alone router..any ideas please 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please post all power levels and network log from the Hub. Also give details of your mesh setup you refer to. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

As I cannot access the hub it will not let me log in either via wi-fi or ethernet to get the logs I cannot get what you need except this from earlier when the probs started before it crashed out..it is only a screen shot.I aim to do a full reset tomorrow and reinstall  and set up everything from scratch...i would be happier using a new router though

20211028_235401.jpg

20211028_235932.jpg

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Is your Hub in modem mode? - if so - 192.168.100.1/ is the correct login. if in normal router mode it is http://192.168.0.1 

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

As I said I cannot access the hub 3 I have tried on my mobile, both laptops and a tablet...same message page not available on both wifi or ethernet..the hub is now totally disconnected I will start again today with a factory reset..

Spoiler

Update I have reset the modem and I am now using it in router mode....I had to reset my smart plugs and thermostat as nothing would connect itwwas working fine good speeds etc but no signal upstairs..tonight the same thing has happened again total loss off service no internet..even my sky box lost connection and that is via ethernet direct from hub ...nothing else was active no downloads etc...something is causing this whether I use the hub in router mode,  modem mode with a router or a mesh , surely 3 different configurations can't give identical faults...tomorrow I will be re installing the mesh to get better signal coverage..

Speed and signal, note the time

20211031_015728.jpg

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ukmartian

Thank you for making this post regarding the connection issues you are experiencing, I'm sorry for any frustration this is causing.

I've taken a look at your account and can see that your services are currently impacted by a short-term connectivity issue which may cause intermittent or performance related issues with the customers connection. In the vast majority of cases, these types of issues are resolved after 24 hours.

How are things working for you now?

Kind regards,

Serena

Thanks for reply, I have just had my speeds increased and I upgrading my internal equipment, I am continuing to monitor,

many thanks