cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No virgin media wall socket

Jessica_1234
Joining in

Hi, I’ve recently moved into a flat, befor ordering I checked if virgin media was already installed there ( it is, there is a virgin media box outside the property ),a lady from virgin media also came to the flat the day I moved in to collect the previous tenants hub, I ordered via live chat and they recommended the self set up so, I got the quick set up broadband package for my flat, however I now can’t seem to find the internal wall socket, I booked a technician to yesterday, they didn’t turn, now I’ve just been on the phone to customer service, it seems there was a miscommunication however now, because they’re also having problems they’re end the line went dead, I’m not sure what do do now, I can’t activate my broadband, I’m also concerned that I’m going to end up paying for internet that I can’t use and won’t be able to for a while.

thankyou for reading and advice is much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In a lot of flats there is not a VM white wall box, sometimes just a coax wire coming out of the wall or a multi unit outlet. Have a look around and post some photos of what you have got.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In a lot of flats there is not a VM white wall box, sometimes just a coax wire coming out of the wall or a multi unit outlet. Have a look around and post some photos of what you have got.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

9CC7380D-9CC8-4721-96D6-C7AF35FDBD63.jpeg

 only this  other than just normal plug sockets, it was all freshly painted before I moved in so I’m not sure if it was just plastered over or something.

Hello Jessica_1234

Thank you for raising your installation query and issues with us via the forums and welcome to the community.

It's been a few days since your post, have you been able to speak to the team in regards to this and get a resolution? Please let us know if you need further support.

Rob