cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No upgrade confirmation email received?

Cbt21
Tuning in

Hi all,

I called virgin last night and upgraded my wifi to m350 and agreed a fair price however ive still not received any confirmation of the upgrade or the agreed payments.

is there anything that can be done? My worry is its not in place and i ended up running to the end of my current deal where I’ll ultimately be paying more money for  a lesser broadband speed.

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are you actually receiving the higher speeds yet?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John,

I actually don’t know, to be fair ive not been home today so see! Is there a way to check?

got my email (along with a load of others) confirming the deal is now in place!

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You may need to switch the Hub off for a few minutes and restart to apply the increased speed "file".

Then... log into the Hub settings and navigate to the "Configuration File/data Page" and see what numbers are in the Downstream and Upstream "Maximum Data Rate Transfer" boxes.   These are in bps (not Mbps) - if the upgrade has been applied to the Hub the numbers will start 4xxx.......

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John,

how do i sign into the hub?

Hopefully not through my virgin account online. Apparently my password to my account is incorrect yet it worked when I confirmed the letters to them when i was on the calll with them last night, tried to reset password and get an “oops something went wrong” page 😞 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
In your web browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 and hit return. On the first page up press "Login" and get it using the Settings password (Not the wifi one!) printed on the Hub's base sticker - and go from there

--------------------
John
--------------------

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Cbt21,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues knowing if your speed upgrade came through.

I can see that @jbrennand has already assisted you in being able to sign into the Hub.

Can you tell us if you have been able to find the information you need?

Is there anything else we can do to help you in this regards? Please let us know and we'll be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi all,

I received my upgrade + price confirmation, took 48 hours but it did come through :).thanks everyone for the help!