cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No tv or internet

Jay2866fod
Joining in

Hi,

We currently have no tv or internet, went off today at 17:00 service status says it will be fixed by 21:30. The same thing happened yesterday had no tv/internet all afternoon and also happened last Saturday from early morning until late afternoon. Since it’s happened three times in a week its getting frustrating especially as I need the internet for revising for an upcoming exam. The only thing we’ve noticed is open reach have been outside each day before its gone off so I don’t know if they have messed with something. Can someone look into this for please as I really need the internet on, Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If they are working on a fix all you can try is the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers - or just you.
The "compensation "timer" can also be started on this number.

Or, a VM person should pick this thread up and be able to help but it can take a few days.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/automati...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey, Jay2866fod, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to see you are having some issues with your connection.

I can confirm there was an outage in the area which will affect the whole connection.

However this outage is due to end on the 17th August, so once this is done, your services will be working again, I am sorry about any trouble this has caused. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?