cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal coming into the house

Burrows119
Joining in

Hello

On Tuesday I went out for a walk - on my return all of my services (TV, Broadband and phone line) or stopped working. 
my router has a solid red light on it. I phoned virgin and they did their usual tests. All of which indicated an engineer was needed. The earilest the chap on the phone could give me was the 30th Aug - totally unacceptable. 
howevrr thankfully I managed to arrange an earlier appointment for the Friday (today) via the app.

The engineer arrived today. I explained what had happened. He checked the box outside and showed me that there was a red light showing on it. Which indicates no signal coming to the house at all. He went out to the street and checked to see if there was any light going into it. Which there was. Which he said means there is no light coming into the property. 

He phoned his boss and he said that someone would be over later today….

they have not turned up. Rather frustrating. I have no way of contacting the chap nor has he given me any confirmation that it is on the system etc

is there anyone from virgin who would be able to speed this up?

thanks

9 REPLIES 9

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Have you called CS to ask what is going on?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John

yes I have - I phoned this morning.

They said that it is down to be done but obviously hasn’t been done as yet. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this re compensation

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/automati...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thank you again John

interestingly I had an email to say that I will be automatically compensated. However in the email it says that the issue has been fixed. However it has not

I wonder if anyone from Virgin can help at all? Or at least give an update on when the ground engineers might be booked in to fix the issue as it has now been nearly a week without any services 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I will ask VM to comment here

--------------------
John
--------------------

Thank you that would be helpful 

Hi Burrows119,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your services looked into, I am sorry this problem has occurred so randomly! I am also sorry that it's taking the engineer team longer than expected, I'll be more than happy to give you more info. 

I'm just going to send you a PM to shed some light on this for you, then we'll come back onto public posting. 

Speak soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Burrows119,

Thanks for updating me in our PM about the engineer that arrived just now to sort this out. 

I am glad your services are back up and running now, but like you said - please let us know if anything changes. 

Kindest regards,

Megan_L