cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

Ibbo2
Tuning in

No Service, complete Blackout since Friday 17th March ( Internet, Landline, TV) . Engineer diagnosed cabling fault. Field staff cannot change the cable until Tues 4th April ( 18days with out any service. We are a vulnerable couple, disabled, classed as ‘lifeline’ customers ( for what it’s worth), and been with Virgin over 25 years. We need the landline for med appointments ( we’ve had 2 this week). 
How do I get Virgin to rectify their cabling fault sooner, rather than concentrate on installing cable for new customers????????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ibbo2 👋 thank you for keeping this thread updated. Really sorry to hear this feedback about your experience, and for any delays in getting this fault resolved for you. As John mentioned a little higher up in this thread sadly this is not a usual technicians appointment. Re-pull's involve multiple engineers completing cabling works and so the wait for this appointments is a little longer than usual. It does look as though your appointment was escalated via our process for vulnerable or disabled customers who are reliant on the service, and it has been brought forward on this basis. You can usually view and manage appointments via 👉 https://virg.in/myvmapp and complaints via 👉 https://virg.in/mycases. I'm sorry to hear you have not received an update at the time of posting this. 

I can appreciate this has been a frustrating experience and I will send you a PM to confirm a few details so we can provide any updates, and offer further support with the complaint if needed. You can find my PM in the top right corner of the page 📩 in your Inbox. 

We can return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 

All the best. 🌞

Molly

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Ibbo2, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

I have taken a look from our side and I can see you've spoke to team since posting this, did they manage to get this resolved for you? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Ibbo2
Tuning in

Lost all Virgin services 17th March, (Broadband, Landline,TV). Virgin engineer came out 21st,diagnosed cable fault. Phoned later to inform me it would be 4Th April, a further 14days to wait. I am classed as a ‘life line’ customer (disabled, elderly). Is there any priority service for my predicament???? I need the land line for medical reasons. I also have been in formed that I on Virgin’s vulnerable register.

Hi @Ibbo2 

Thanks for coming back to us. From checking this, this is a repull needed so not just a normal technician visit. 

The colleague you spoke to yesterday via contacting the team, has contacted the field team, specifically your local area, to see if this can be brought forward and they're going to contact you either way next week when they have heard back.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@John_GS wrote:

Hi @Ibbo2 

Thanks for coming back to us. From checking this, this is a repull needed so not just a normal technician visit. 

The colleague you spoke to yesterday via contacting the team, has contacted the field team, specifically your local area, to see if this can be brought forward and they're going to contact you either way next week when they have heard back.

Best wishes.

i thought there was a 24 hour turn round for registered vulnerable customers but this is VM so rules and regulations do not apply

and i have corrected your statement John

and they're going to contact you either way next week IF they have heard back.

Tony.
Sacked VIP

thank you

Day 9 of total blackout, nobody from Virgin getting back to me on this matter, after assuring me they will. I’ve even lodged a complaint, on Thursday of last week, what a caring team!!! They said they would get back to me in 48 hrs, what a surprise, they haven’t. It’s not just one team member it is everyone from  Virgin  I’ve communicated with via email, msg, or phone. Disgraceful! It’s a company supposedly built on innovation and trust, building a high speed network of communication us all., well I can tell you now Virgin, you are falling well short with your existing customers and the vulnerable 

Hi Ibbo2 👋 thank you for keeping this thread updated. Really sorry to hear this feedback about your experience, and for any delays in getting this fault resolved for you. As John mentioned a little higher up in this thread sadly this is not a usual technicians appointment. Re-pull's involve multiple engineers completing cabling works and so the wait for this appointments is a little longer than usual. It does look as though your appointment was escalated via our process for vulnerable or disabled customers who are reliant on the service, and it has been brought forward on this basis. You can usually view and manage appointments via 👉 https://virg.in/myvmapp and complaints via 👉 https://virg.in/mycases. I'm sorry to hear you have not received an update at the time of posting this. 

I can appreciate this has been a frustrating experience and I will send you a PM to confirm a few details so we can provide any updates, and offer further support with the complaint if needed. You can find my PM in the top right corner of the page 📩 in your Inbox. 

We can return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 

All the best. 🌞

Molly

Hi All! 👋 Just returning to keep this public side of the thread updated. 
Huge thanks to Ibbo2 for PMing with me 📩 and for their patience throughout this process. 

I am pleased to report that the service issues have now been resolved, along with the complaint that was raised with the feedback regarding their experience. Sincerest apologies again that this was your experience with us! I'm pleased to see the issues resolved for you, and the resolution of a complaint that you were satisfied with in the end. 

If you have further issues in future please do return to let us know so we can offer help! We are always here for support. 

Thanks again for your patience, wishing you all the best! 🌞

Molly