cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No ranging response received- T3 Timeout

Marissa_c
Tuning in

Hi,  my wifi connections (all devices) keep dropping briefly - up to a few minutes at a time and several times a day. Wired connections seem ok.  During these drop offs sometimes - but not always - the wifi light on my hub 3 flashes green. Error log has the error thats in the title. 

4D31F9DC-2D5D-4BA3-BF34-1F5AEE08C209.png

5B6DA552-ED3B-4B08-A11F-B4AD19E49F0D.png

9CCD806D-3D6C-4E87-9EAE-7DBB484AB676.png

Been happening for weeks. Do I need an engineer? 

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16

Hi Marissa, 

Thanks for coming back to us here in the community. 

I've taken a look at the account and all is looking good in terms of the power levels, signal levels and overall stats. The area is all good now too with no maintenance work continuing. 

Due to this and the fact that your ethernet connection is working, the issues you are having are related to WiFi. Our engineers aren't able to resolve these as they are to do with the environment. 

Please have a look at these links as they will help you to optimise your wireless network to improve things:

Please keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

thanks for your reply.

I’m sure youre right and that it is to do with the wifi, but it has been working fine for years. When this happens (sometimes several times a day) it is very sudden, all the devices in all rooms of our flat drop the connection and the green wifi light goes on and flashes on the router. Its not a case of being in a wifi ‘blind spot’ - there really does seem to be something wrong with the router.

please advise.

HI @Marissa_c

Thanks for coming back to us. Upon doing a system check today, there is an SNR (signal to noise ratio) issue on one of the upstream channels. This will require a service technician. 

I'll send you a PM now to get some details and have this booked in.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Marissa_c

Thanks for joining me on PM. Just to update the thread, the engineer visit has been booked in.

This can be tracked in your online account where you can also re-arrange the visit if needs be as well.

Let us know how it goes,

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @Marissa_c

Thanks for your message. If you log in to your online account you'll be able to reschedule the visit 🙂

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

I have been hunting a cause of some increasing regular LAN drop outs 3 or 4 a day either wired or wireless after a couple of years of rock solid stability.  I have a bad set of upstream T3 timeouts as well no T4 timeouts. I have an engineer visiting tomorrow to look at Hub3 settings.  If it solves the problems I have then many thanks for the steer. 

Hi @cgreengrass9099

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

How is your service performing after the tech visit?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs