cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet

zclarke87
On our wavelength

Hi all,

Can anyone help please?! I have had connection to WiFi but ‘no internet’ on my boosters.

I have tried tirelessly to get intelligent WiFi pods as I am with not virgin and o2 but they never seem to have stock of them. I got the boosters I currently have from virgin as I have several black spots that an engineer found when carrying out works to fix WiFi.

It all worked fine, I updated my iPhone, was running numerous laptops due to working from home and then suddenly the boosters dropped internet connection… I’ve reset the boosters several times and nothing.

due to the black spots I now have next to no WiFi despite paying for one of the top packages and because the main router has not dropped virgin refuse to compensate and tell me to wait until the intelligent boosters are available.

please help - any tips or tricks welcomed!!

11 REPLIES 11

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

@zclarke87 wrote:

Hi all,

Can anyone help please?! I have had connection to WiFi but ‘no internet’ on my boosters.

I have tried tirelessly to get intelligent WiFi pods as I am with not virgin and o2 but they never seem to have stock of them. I got the boosters I currently have from virgin as I have several black spots that an engineer found when carrying out works to fix WiFi.

It all worked fine, I updated my iPhone, was running numerous laptops due to working from home and then suddenly the boosters dropped internet connection… I’ve reset the boosters several times and nothing.

due to the black spots I now have next to no WiFi despite paying for one of the top packages and because the main router has not dropped virgin refuse to compensate and tell me to wait until the intelligent boosters are available.

please help - any tips or tricks welcomed!!

VM are correct - your “top package” speeds and connectivity only apply to wired connections only not Wifi. 

you’d be better off putting the hub into modem mode and getting your own mesh system or better router. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Thank you! How do I put the router into modem mode and what exactly does this alter?

sorry if I am being silly - the hun is currently connected to Ethernet cable

You do it in the admin pages.

But you need another router or mesh system to connect to the hub first

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.

Thank you - I have the halo s3 mesh system. Ironically virgin ended up a year or so ago crediting my account with the cost of these after telling me to purchase as they could not advise if they would receive stock having already been made to wait 4months.

now they have new pods and again…. No stock!

OK.. so is that system being used currently?

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi zkclarke87,

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community!

From checking our services I can see you are currently affected by a planned change to your network with an estimated fix time of 3PM.

Let us know how your service is after the work has been completed.

Also we should be able to order the Pods so let us also know whether you would like to receive them. 

Thanks,

Kain

zclarke87
On our wavelength

Yes, please send the pics. It is still not working and it has been weeks now!

zclarke87
On our wavelength

Please send the pods. I wonder if I should just leave and go with another provider. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the pods and they still don’t work.

I tried using my router in modem mode but all that happened was the pods picked up the signal, they didn’t extend it like before and I had to move furniture just to connect the computer to Ethernet to take it out of modem mode.

if virgin never have stock of the pods why do they bother advertising them on their site and saying you get them free for being with o2 as well….

reslly bad, I can’t even get WiFi on the ground floor in the same room the router is in and it was an engineer that diagnosed the black spots years ago

Forget the Virgin pods.

Have you managed to get the system you have working yet?