cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet - wired and wifi

Smarshall
Tuning in

Despite many attempts to reset my router I have now been without any internet connection either wired (which we used for the tv) or via wifi to other devices since we woke up yesterday morning. Assume a fault occurred overnight on Thursday. 

Automated phone line repeats same steps each time, not helpful at all and no other route to resolution!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

have flagged the thread to VM

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

what hub is it and what are the lights doing

there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hub 3.0 and just the power light on. More white then yellow… 

Also confirmed via the line that there are no local issues

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

white/yellow light suggests all is ok with the input

try a power cycle - turn hub off for a few minutes and then back on see if the connection comes back - if not do a full reset

hold the button a good 30sec - dont guess time it

and

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

if its an earlier hub button is top right

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thanks

30+ second reset hasn’t changed anything sadly

when I attempt to access router settings via 192.168.0.1 it just says “update in progress” and won’t allow me to view status

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

strange especially with the power light looking as it should be

theres various posts on here about resets not working - never seen that myself but some hubs do seem to get stuck so try this

unplug all lan cables from the rear of the hub and do another reset - this time hold the button a full 60 sec - dont power off after that just let the hub sort itself out -  plug any lan cables back in and see if that helps

if not it needs some input from VM - either the hub is faulty or there is a line fault

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thank you. Will try that later. If only I could speak to someone at VM!

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

you can ring but with what you have said the help will be to send a tech - staff here will look and book one if needed

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Right. 60 second reset with lan cables removed hasn’t worked either. How do I get the staff here to book that in then? 😉