cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet - solid white light

Dreamfish
Joining in

Hi

Overnight the router went down. Woke up to a flashing green WiFi light. I have reset at the back but now the router is just a solid white light. Or is it a yellow light? It’s hard to tell!

Devices pick up the router but won’t access the internet.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Is it just a wifi issue or do devices connected on an ethernet cable connect to the network? A solid white(ish!) light usually means the connection is ok.

What Hub model is it? You could try a pinhole reset a per this. Make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. See if that sorts it.

Also check for a known fault, call the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Dreamfish, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry for any service issues you've experienced recently. I've taken a look into this today and it looks like an engineer has already been around to check things over - so I hope there's been some improvement since your post?

If not please let us know so we can look further into it for you.

Tom