cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet - repeatedly

TeeKayDawn
Joining in

Since receiving the lovely email that tells is our bill will increase by £15 (an increase of 25%) on the £63 we currently pay. We seem to have repeated issues with connectivity.

We were without internet for 4 hours, then the following weekend we had intermittent connectivity from 3pm Friday throughout Saturday and woke on Sunday to TOTAL loss of service (no internet, tv or phone) after back and forth communication as to whether this was an issue with our hub or an area issue a technician was booked as we were told it was just us. This was cancelled via text stating it was an area issue!

Service resumed at approx 3pm on Sunday but was sketchy and surprise, surprise woke up on Monday to no internet again for 2 hours. 
The following weekend we had yet another two days of intermittent connection and here we are on the FOURTH weekend - connection lost AGAIN.

Seriously, how do you justify the price increases with or without the bull excuse of profiteering under the guise of “cost of living”.

This service is terrible!

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this...

Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.
The "compensation "timer" can also be started on this number if appropriate.

Faults may not be listed on the Area Status web page. Areas are not Geographic” they are "legacy billing" areas) and as such that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers across the country. So 0800 may give you more info, on local issues - but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers - or just you.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See this….?

Yeah, I did all that. Why do you think I said in my post after going back and forth with Virgin.

The thing is the problem remains, there’s an ongoing issue, and whenever you call, text or relay via other messages the reason will change between it’s the router and it’s an area problem.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
OK so its a "known issue".

Best info on status is always given on the 0800 number.

When they track down the issue and fix it it will report "no issues" - and so there is little else that can be done on here - although a VM person may be able to provide some more info. when they get here in a day or two

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi TeeKayDawn,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Many apologies for the service issues faced, from checking our service I can't seem to see any readings that would attribute to the problems faced nor is there an area fault.

Are you still facing problems?
Regards,

Kain