cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet - phone support not very helpful

MartiF
Tuning in

Hi all,

Not sure where to go from here. A couple of weeks ago I returned from holiday to find that my internet wasn't working. I booked an engineer visit and he came a few days later on Saturday 7 August. He changed the hub for another one and changed the connector on the cable coming in from outside, but said that there's a problem with the cable outside of the flat, and will talk to his manager to book somebody in to come and look at that. After he left the internet was working fine so I hoped and assumed the problem was solved. However from Wednesday evening I noticed that it wasn't working again.

I hadn't had a chance to call and speak to anybody because I was in the office the last couple of days. This morning I called and spoke to the call centre and they said they'll do something to fix it and told me to reset my hub after half an hour. Of course I've done this and nothing has changed.

How can I follow up on the fact that the outside cable needs looking at and sorting as my internet access is very temperamental and causes me problems when trying to work from home?

Many thanks.

16 REPLIES 16

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi MartiF, 

Thank you for reaching out, I am sorry to hear you are still having issues, I can see there is an SNR outage in your area so, any tech appointments would have been canceled while this is being fixed.

The estimated fix date is the 13th of October.

Zoie

Hi Zoie,

Thank you very much for responding. What's an SNR outage? 

My frustration is that I've had this issue since August, and most likely there was no SNR outage back then, and I'm still having issues with zero internet connectivity. Yet it seems to be taking forever for any movement on my issue and I can't do anything at home with no internet. 

Hi MartiF

SNR "Signal to Noise Ratio" is when the network has a fault with the signal to the area

We can re check the area after the 13th and take it from there 

If you need an update just quote this reference number F009330370  

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth,

It's now the 15th and still no internet at all. It's been down for 9 days continuously with no service. I've had intermittent issues since August.

I called the customer support helpline on the weekend and was told somebody from the area team would call me back within 24 hours, they never did.

Can you please escalate this as a matter of urgency? I have absolutely zero internet connectivity and am unable to work/study from home at all. At the very least I should be provided with some sort of 4G device to use in the meantime.

Thanks for coming back to us @MartiF.

I'm really sorry to hear of the ongoing issues with your internet connectivity, I have looked into your account and can see that the SNR fault is still logged under F009330370  and the new estimated fix time is 3pm on 18th October.

Unfortunately we are unable to offer any 4g device to help with the connection issues that you're having, would you like to raise a complaint about your issues, you can do that online here or I can raise one for you from here, this is up to you.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi @Steven_L,

I still have no internet. Could you please raise a complaint for me. It's now been 2 weeks with zero connectivity and nobody seems to be doing anything about it. If it doesn't get resolved within a week I'm simply going to cancel my contract.

Hi MartiF

Thanks for coming back to us.

I'll send you a PM now

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill