Menu
davmor1973
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No internet or phone

We've had no broadband or phone service since approximately 4.40 pm on Tuesday, 20th November. All we get on the router is a flashing green arrow and on the phone display it says "Please check line cord." Despite numerous efforts I haven't been able to get through to customer services and online help's not working either. I can't even get a status update, so all in all, this is completely unacceptable service for what we're paying.

If it's any help I'm in South London; Crystal Palace to be precise. I'd be interested to know if anyone else in the area's having the same problems.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet or phone

Try calling "Retentions" on 0345 454 1111 (or 150) options 1-1-4-5 "thinking of leaving" then “technical issues” – (They are open Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and on Saturday from 8am - 6pm. - 08.01 is best!) you have a better chance of getting a UK call centre (it might still be a 30’+ wait though) who will be more understanding and helpful.  Tell them your problem - and they will give you best information and/or try and sort it for you as it’s their job to keep customers.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Heather_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi davmor1973, 

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the Community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry for your recent loss of service, it looks like you're back up and running now. 

Please let us know if you need help with anything else at the moment. 

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
davmor1973
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well, the problems with broadband were eventually sorted out, but the phone line's still not working. We're still getting the message "Please check line cord."

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Heather_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey davmor1972, 

Thanks for keeping in touch Smiley Happy

Good to know your broadband is performing well now. With regards to your phone line, if you pop a post on the landline board, a colleague will be along to help soon. 

Thanks, 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos