cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet or TV service

Alderado
Tuning in

Hi,

We're having trouble with Virgin at the moment. We had a Hub 3 installed the other day, which has been working fine. They sent us new TV boxes to set up as well. We attempted to set up the 360 tv box to the television, but upon entering the wifi/password, the whole internet went off. 

The TV displayed the error code "CS1011".

The Hub appears to be working somewhat, as we'd phoned up to check. Virgin say there's no issues with the wifi. 

Inspecting further it appears that devices can find the wifi name, but when connecting it says "connected without internet".

Rebooting the Hub 3 displays a green wifi symbol along with 2 green arrows. This then just turns off and shows the usual solid light at the bottom. Diagnosing the problem says "The DNS server is not responding".

Any help or tips would be much appreciated, as we have no wifi, internet or TV at the moment (using mobile data).

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have any issues with Ethernet cabled connections?

Are there any area faults reported on 0800 5610061?

When you say you have no TV service - does this include broadcast TV channels, are they working?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The the LED on the hub3 is red it means it’s overheating and will need replacing. If the LED is magenta, often looks like red to a lot of people, the hub is in modem mode. So, please power off the hub for half an hour and then turn and report the colour of the LED. Also please confirm that you are running in router mode.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks for the reply...

Yes we're having trouble with ethernet too.

There doesn't appear to be any faults in the area.

The virgin box (new and old) are unable to pick up any channels and just display an error message.

Thanks for the message,

After powering off for half an hour and booting it back up again, the LED colour is a sort of white/yellowy colour.

The hub should be running in router mode as we've done nothing to change this.

Hi Alderado,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've had some issue with your service, I've not been able to locate any details for you here.

How is this since your post on Friday? If you still need help please let me know and I pop you over a private message to take a closer look.

Alex_Rm

Hi thank you for the reply.

Since this post, I have managed to fix the issue and all seems to be working fine so far.