cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet in hot weather

Nic7926
Joining in

Hi

my internet is dropping every day in this weather, it’s really not good when I work from home! Please can someone help?

thanks

11 REPLIES 11

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are the "drops" only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

What Hub model is it and what are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Nic7926

Thanks for your post 

How are things looking as we haven't heard back from you 

We are here to help 

Gareth_L

Hi

thanks for your reply! It’s definitely WiFi, the lights go green and start flashing and I’m dropped out of everything from phone and laptop

absolute nightmare at the minute, doesn’t help when the phone signal’s not great too! 🙄

And sorry it’s a hub 3

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your reply Nic7926,

I have managed to locate your account and can see there are no issues that would be causing this, could you set up a BQM graph so we can see and dropouts?

You can set it up here

Zoie

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/62720c9abb3ca011fae863bea96b84a297271245-26-07-2021

Hi Zoie

I've set up the graph but not showing anything so not sure if I've done it correctly, also it doesn't show the days that the fault happened. Obviously it's cooler now but I did speak to a neighbour and she had the same issues last week.

Many thanks

Nicola

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Nic7926,

Thanks for setting that up. This will reflect the quality of the connection since the time is has been set up, but will be useful if the connection does continue to drop again.

Our cables are designed to withstand weather conditions, however since this is evident only in hot weather, this may be the omnibox (box outside your home) overheating. Is this on a side of the house that the sun actually reaches directly throughout the day?

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Molly

Yes the box is located at the front of the house and is in direct sunlight for most of the day, would explain a lot!

Thanks for your help

Nicola