Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No internet for weeks

Can anyone advise how long VirginMedia can provide no internet, before I am able to cancel the contract without penalty ?

It was supposedly finally fixed yesterday 6-Nov (after multiple engineer visits), yet broke again almost immediately (within hours). Now they say earliest engineer next Friday 13-Nov, which will mean a total of 4 weeks without internet.

Desperately need a functional service since I am working from home, yet I still have 6 months left on the contract and I resent that I should be penalised, when it is VirginMedia who are failing provide.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet for weeks

Depends. Is it a total loss of service?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes no internet at all, just an alternating flashing/constant green light on the hub
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi PaulM78

Thank you for posting.

We apologise for the delay in response, we have been a little busier than usual at the moment.

It is disappointing to hear of the issues you have been experiencing with the service, I appreciate that any down time can be frustrating.   

I see you have mentioned that a technician was due to visit on the 13th November., can you please advise on how the visit went? Have you seen any improvement with the service?

Let us know and we will be happy to advise further. 

Thanks  

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat

The engineer came on Friday 13th.He temporarily fixed it, and it worked for almost 6hrs, but now is broken again.

I cant even book another engineer because the app says "Technical error, something has gone wrong with the test", and therefore doesnt even proceed to the "book an engineer" screen.

I think I will keep Virgin, since if they have to pay me £8/day while the service is broken, they will end up paying me £240 each month. Which will be a nice extra income !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The compensation is only for a total loss of services and not due to an outage 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Gary : What is total lack of service ? If I have no internet and no phone, it seems to me I have total lack of service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat

Please could you book an engineer on my behalf. 

The app still reports a technical error and wont let me book. Customer service doesnt answer their phones.

For verification last 3-digits my mobile are 915.

Thanks Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi PaulM78,

Thank you for letting me know. 

i can definitely look in to this further for you. 

I have not been able to locate your account via your Community details so I will just need to drop you a private message to confirm your account. 

The message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos