cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet for week now

Fauzm
Joining in

I haven’t had any broadband for a week now. Can someone please help me as virgin media customer service has been useless they only know as much as me. They’ve said it’s an outage issue however everyday nothing gets done. Literally 0 internet connection. Hub works fine. I can’t even find another provider as their broadband speeds aren’t as fast as Virgin in my area. My area is Croydon in CR2

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Fauzm wrote:

I haven’t had any broadband for a week now. Can someone please help me as virgin media customer service has been useless they only know as much as me. They’ve said it’s an outage issue however everyday nothing gets done. Literally 0 internet connection. Hub works fine. I can’t even find another provider as their broadband speeds aren’t as fast as Virgin in my area. My area is Croydon in CR2

Try the automated service status number 0800 561 0061 to check for any faults in your area and see if it provides any more information.

Familiarise yourself with the VM compensation scheme for a total loss of service

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/fibre-optic-services-terms-conditions/automatic-compensation

Keep detailed records, in a timeline format, of all events, times, dates, comm's with VM, failed promises of fixes etc. etc.

If your issue is actually an outage in your area, then the VM forum team should be able to provide you with a fault ref. number and an estimated fix time. They should reply here within a few days.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Fauzm,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're facing some broadband downtime recently. I've checked over things on our systems, and it appears that there's a known fault that we're working on with a current estimated fix time of approximately 10:00am tomorrow (February 14th).

If you continue to experience service issues after this time has elapsed, please let us know and we can proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hello Zach,

It’s been 11 days without internet now, also in Croydon CR5.

Do you have anymore info? I keep getting updates saying it’s estimated to be fixed the next day but never does.

Thanks for the assistance

Kind regards,

Josh

I still don't have any internet. It coming up to 2 weeks now. Estimated time keeps getting pushed back everyday. Still no answers or solutions from any of your colleagues 

Hi @Fauzm 

My apologies for the inconvenience, the current date displayed is 20 FEB 2023 10:00. We hope to have this resolved ASAP

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs