Menu
Turin
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No internet for days

I've had no internet since Thursday, The service status page is very misleading as it kept going from "There are known issues in your area and it will be fixed at X o clock" to "No Known Issues". I called the support phone line but they weren't much help. They asked me if I received a calling card which I didn't. They told me it would be fixed soon but it hasn't. 

The area code is CF24. 

Hoping someone can provide clarity on what is going on and when it will be fixed. We rely on the internet for work and studying, I had to take out a mobile contract just to do simple things like study and check on the service status. Very frustrating. 

Kind Regards.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet for days

There is also a Service Status number 0800 561 0061 which usually tells you of local issues, down to postcode level, that might not yet be listed on the Service Status web page.
But you may need to call in and get a fault reference number if there is one for your problem.
A VM person on here may also be able to give you more info when they pick this up in a day or two.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Cdemarco
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My sympathy. I can’t help but have same problem. I have had no internet for 10 days and it won’t be fixed until 1 June. My problem is the cable external to my property and if the website is not picking up any issues with your service it sounds like your problem could be similar. You will have to persuade call centre to send an engineer, which will not be easy. If your problem has not been fixed within 2 days and the problem is not due to any equipment or activity in your property, then you should be entitled to automatic compensation of £8 per day under an agreement between Ofcom, Virgin and other providers that has been in place since 1 April. The call centre will try to say you are not entitled to this as clearly VM do not want to be paying out, but Ofcom’s website is pretty clear - check it out.

0 Kudos
Turin
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've called the center again and they are sending out an engineer tomorrow morning. I will update this post tomorrow and inform anyone watching this post what was wrong.

The Service Status number that gives out area fault information also said there was nothing wrong in the area.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If there is an area fault the technician wont show - they cancel visits until known faults are fixed (understandably) but often fail to inform the customer !

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Turin
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

There was a faulty wire on the box (at the end of the street).

Engineer came and fixed it in 30 minutes.

Thanks for all the replies.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Happy to hear that your fault has been fixed Turin.

Please let us know if you experience anymore problems so we can help.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos