cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet connection.

mrkrtch84
Tuning in

Been having issues with dropping connection. Engineer came out last week said it was a fault with the wires outside. Another engineer came out this morning while I was away. Since then the connection has been non existent. This is a screenshot to my BQM 

mrkrtch84_0-1648325096527.png

Since the issue was “fixed” this is what’s it’s been like. I’d rather have the old issue back! At least it worked 95% of the time! No issues in area according to the site and it keeps on telling me the router isn’t connected properly, which it is. Is this another engineer call out? 

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Indeed it is. Has to be the worst bqm I have seen to date. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try a pinhole reset first as below. Also do you have any devices connected to the Hub on ethernet cables? If so disconnect them all and see if the BQM "cleans up" - perhaps do it overnight when other devices arent needed. Also do the same if you are in modem mode - after putting the Hub back to normal router mode.

Note that a pinhole reset on a Hub3/4 can be a bit problematic - so do it (again) EXACTLY this way (not as the VM website says!).

Firstly, make sure the Hub's sticker/card with the two passwords on it is still there and legible If not – DON’T DO IT !

With the Hub switched "on", disconnect any ethernet connections (leave the co-ax connected) and then push in the “reset pin” with the end of a paperclip/thin nail/SIM tray “tool” or similar (bigger items like ball point pen ends may not press it in far enough) until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there firmly for a "timed" minimum of 60 seconds do NOT manually restart the Hub at any time. Leave it 10' or so to stabilise and then your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the Wifi networks will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card. Make sure you use the wifi one for devices connecting to the wifi and the settings/admin one to access the Hub

See if that sorts it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for suggestions but nothing. As soon as I try to use it, it goes down. 

mrkrtch84_0-1648375502951.png

This is what I woke up to. Trying to book engineer but none available when I am. Honestly, at this point, I’ve had it less than a month and it’s just been constant issues. Paying £64 a month for  this is just shocking. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
post up the Hub data as per this...

Post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there.  In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) (DONT click these links) - and hit return. On the first page up dont login (unless you have the Hub4/5 - when you do login) just click on the “router status” icon/text at bottom-middle (Hub3/4) or top/right (SH’s) of the Login page and then Navigate to these “pages” and just copy/paste the normal “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 tables from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs page. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again. If character limits are “exceeded” - just do two posts

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hopefully this is the right info, but it doesn't seem to say much at all...

Cable Modem Status Item Status Comments Channel Overview Downstream Upstream
Cable Modem Status
DOCSIS 3.1
Primary downstream channel
SC-QAM
DOCSIS 3.0 channels
DOCSIS 3.1 channels
3.0 Downstream channels
Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) SNR (dB) Modulation Channel ID
6179000000-17.832QAM2566

3.0 Downstream channels

Channel Lock Status RxMER (dB) Pre RS Errors Post RS Errors
6Locked31.99356324450

3.0 Upstream channels

Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) Symbol Rate (ksps) Modulation Channel ID
1 0   

3.0 Upstream channels

Channel Channel Type T1 Timeouts T2 Timeouts T3 Timeouts T4 Timeouts
1 00  

General Configuration

Network access
true
Maximum Number of CPEs
Baseline Privacy
false
DOCSIS Mode
Config file

Primary Downstream Service Flow

SFID

Max Traffic Rate

Max Traffic Burst

Min Traffic Rate

Primary Upstream Service Flow

SFID

Max Traffic Rate

Max Traffic Burst

Min Traffic Rate

Max Concatenated Burst

Scheduling Type

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh. Doesn't get any better. Hub is showing as offline for starters. No Docsis 3.1 channels. One single downstream channel (should be around 24). Downstream power is way off (should be max - 5). Then loads of blank tables. 

once it came back on, for the 4 minutes it did, I tried to send what came up but it kept on saying they had errors in the msg so wouldn’t let me post it. Have to admit I’m thinking about just getting it taken out all together. The “fix” they came out to do on Saturday has now totally made it impossible to do anything. 

Good Morning @mrkrtch84, and I'm sorry to see of the poor connection you've been experiencing with our services

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner and I'll assist you further on this matter

Kindest regards,

David_Bn