Menu
vaulthunteruk
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No internet connection through Ethernet but WiFi works fine (SH3)

I have the Super Hub 3 and it has suddenly developed an issue where I can not access the internet from my PC. It happened suddenly a few hours ago. Windows 10 is showing a yellow exclamation mark where the network icon is. The PC is connected to the SH3 via ethernet cable. I have had the SH3 for about 6 months. Before that I had the SH2 and this has never happened before. The WiFi on the SH3 still works, and I am able to access the internet through my phone and laptop via WiFi. This is much slower than the ethernet connection through my pc which is what I use mostly. I have also noticed that none of my powerline adapters are working which are also connected to the ethernet ports on the SH3. They were working fine until now. I've rebooted the SH3 several times but it hasn't helped. Do I need a new Super Hub? Any help would be welcomed.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet connection through Ethernet but WiFi works fine (SH3)

try a full reset - hold the button a good 30 sec - dont guess time it and add a bit - doing that will reset everything to default but its about your only option

if that does not work give them a ring and report the hub as faulty - they should send out a new one - that said it depends who you talk to

ring here

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Community elder
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've seen other posts from people reporting that the Hub3's ethernet ports suddenly stop working.  Seems to be one of the various issues this Hub suffers from.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
PrimalScientist
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I am having the same issue. I had a SH3 for around a year, all was working fine until a week ago. All Ethernet Ports dropped out. Wifi working fine.
I contacted VM and they sent a new SH3 which arrived yesterday. Installed the new SH3 but still getting the same problem. The Ethernet Ports keep dropping out. This looks like a hardware problem on the SH3?

I have looked at various posts and articles on the web and there does not seem to be a solution to this?

Can someone help at all?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vaulthunteruk,

Are you able to access the hub's settings via the IP address? If so, I'd advise trying a device reset.  This link will show you how:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-reset-your-hub?query=hub%2520reset

Cheers,

Corey C.

0 Kudos
PrimalScientist
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. I will reset but it’s pretty bad if I’m having to do that after installing brand new equipment. 

I’ve only had it one day. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's not the usual experience I assure you, sorry for the hassle but please keep us posted with how you get on.

Tom_F

0 Kudos
PrimalScientist
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have done a full reset on the SH3. Started out quite well to be fair. The apparatus that have been using the ethernet cables did show up initially.
However, I am still getting the drop outs unfortunately. Also, the ethernet ports that are plugged in are now showing as wireless!! 😞

Its not working right...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to see that you're still having. 

Have you been able to change channels within your router? If you could try that to see if there is any difference. Here is a video advising on how to do so; Changing channels

Keep me posted. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos