cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet and technician call cancelled by text

maas
Tuning in

Hi,

My internet and phone had gone down this afternoon and I booked a technician visit for Wednesday. I then received a text at 4pm from Virgin saying they put my engineer call on hold as they have identified a fault in my area.

I have not received any further updates, and when I go to service status it says everything is fine in my area. If I check my existing appointments, it says I have no visits booked but won't let me book one.

I have no idea if this is supposed to be resolved or anything but my internet and phone are not working!

1 REPLY 1

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is normal behaviour if your fault is believed related to the (now resolved) area fault. You can't book an appointment because you need to be reporting a fault to do that, and there's no online fault reporting outwith this forum, for broadband faults.

If your issues are ongoing, your best bet is to call back and report your fault again. VM used to text out in these scenarios to give you the option of "my fault  isn't resolved, please check again" - but you still ended up calling into CS in my experience.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks