cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet and "update in progress" message

Asd5776
Joining in

I've had no internet since this morning. The light on the HUB3.0 is still white and i can connect to the WiFi but there's no internet. When I go to the router settings page, there's a message "update in progress".

I tried resetting the router by holding the reset pin for 1 minute. That didn't work. Also unplug the psu for 30min and again same problem.

Area M14 Manchester

Can you help, please. Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Have you checked for “known network faults”

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Yes, for my postcode the service status page says no known issues for broadband. However, still no internet.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
In that case, try calling it in as a fault (free on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others - national rate) and see what they say when they test your connection - after all they never usually know about faults unless customers report them.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Will I be able to get through and report the fault if I don't have the account number (my landlord pays for the service)? Or should I ask him to call the number?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
They will want your account details. You will need to get the account holder to call in and report the connection - they use that info to allow them to connect to the correct Hub and look remotely for any issues

--------------------
John
--------------------

Hi Asd5776

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear of the broadband issues. I've not been able to locate the account from the Forum details provided. Are you still experiencing service issues?

If so, please click here and pop the postcode in. Any known local faults will be shown. If nothing there, please sign in to the checker with the online account details and run the service fault test (or ask the landlord to if not).

Keep us posted if you need further assistance

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill