cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet again

scooby111
Tuning in

My hub was replaced over a week ago after my internet was dropping out, an engineer checked my line all was well, so he gave me a new superhub.

Now for the past 2 days no internet again.

I have done a pin hole reset checked the service status all good. Ive been on the phone to support for over 1 hour they can see my hub but all i get at my end is a flashing green light for 1 min then a solid green light for a min then it repeats.

I have been waiting over 24 hours for someone from the virtual engineering team to call me as support have said they can do nothing more to help...

Can anyone help ? Can someone from the virgin team look in to this for me please.

25 REPLIES 25

i must be missing something when i click on the router status” icon/text at bottom-middle (Hub3/4) without logging in thats all i see

Capture1.JPG

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Mmmm... can you try this and try again - I will ask VM to take a look too
-----------------------------------------------------

Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Note that all passwords and network SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker. So if you changed the previously thae tou should login and change them back to what you have been using.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

ok done that its just the same info

Thanks for your time and for whatever you did.

I just received a text from virgin that my issue is fixed and my hub is now working with a nice white light on good stuff 🙂

Well im not having much luck its off again back to the flashing green light

reset it again still not working

aaahhhh ..............

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi scooby111, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing with your broadband service, we can help. 

I have taken a look from our side but I am afraid I am having trouble reading the data from your Hub as it is showing as unreachable. Could you please run a quick reboot on the equipment let me know once this is done so I can try again? 

Thank you, 

Nat

thanks

re boot done

I received a text again from virgin saying everything should be fine now

but sadly its still not working, ive done an other reboot. I still have the flashing green light.

Ive been back on the phone to 150

I cant get an engineer to come out for 3 days...

If any of you clever people out there can look at this again later, i would appreciate it..

My kids have now used all there mobile data and mine via hot spots and once the Mrs mobile data is used they all with move house lol

** update **

I have spoke to a neighbour on virgin cable who is having the same trouble and i have noticed when i scan for wifi in my area the normal other vm hubs close to me look to be having the same problems, you can see there network then it drops out they come back with a defalt network name eg wm212652 and they disappear.

must be a local problem can someone from vm confirm and put me out my misery please