cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet after Routine Work in Area

lemonzest
Joining in

Hiya

On the morning of the 19th of Aug I lost internet at 9am (NG7) and checked the service status page, it said routine work will be done from 9:00 till 15:00 but it is now the 22nd Aug and STILL no internet its just flashing green at me (SH3) I have rebooted it numerous times to no effect, please can something be done, currently I'm forced to use my Mobiles Data which is limited.

8 REPLIES 8

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page http://www.virginmedia.com/servicechecker although this only covers large outages.

VM will not dispatch any technicians while an area fault exists.

If no faults found:

Call Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I've checked with the online checker before and just now, also called the number provided and that also said no area faults, yesterday I booked an engineer but they won't be arriving till the 26th!!! which is crazy, a whole week disconnected due to "Routine Work" is there not anything anyone can do until then?

Just gotten off the phone with Virgin (12 mins! waiting) and they have apparently "Sent a signal" as there was local faults in the area and I have to do Pinhole reset, so let's see if this works.

im having more or less same issue, a weeks outage after an area fault.
try contacting them on whatsapp, then at least you have written record and things cannot be denied. 
pinhole reset didn't work on my hub4, it just stays bright white and no changes. tried 10 and 60 seconds resets

Yeah Pinhole reset did nothing, still blinking green lights, which I should get used to I suppose till the engineer arrives, what fun!

Hey lemonzest, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community, I am sorry you've been having some connection issues lately.

I can see you have been speaking to them team and they organised you a engineer to come out, please do let us know how this visit goes. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

The issue has now been resolved 😄

Hi lemonzest, thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. 

I am sorry to hear that you had no broadband connection due to works in the area and am glad to see that this is now back up and running and resolved. 

Please let us know if anything changes and have a good day. 

Chris.