cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet. Time to give up

DC
On our wavelength

Had an engineer out this morning as I had no Internet via lan connection but did have WiFi.

Engineer turned up, swapped out my hub4 for a hub5 and the result was no Internet at all - wifi or lan - while he was in the house. Told me he had to go investigate something in the street and would be back at 6pm, never heard from him again. 

Phoned the "helpline". Between 1hr of being on hold, put on mute (in the hope I'd hang up thinking I was disconnected) and "just checking" I got nowhere at all. Asked to speak to a TL and got put on hold for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes the call connected to silence, then cut off. I was hung up on - 100% 

Disgusting, disgusting service! I'm now left with no Internet connection at all, it's costing me a fortune to use my mobile data and I leave the country on Monday knowing my security cameras aren't operational due to no Internet.

The engineer even had the audacity to ask for my mobile number so that he could keep me up to date on the visit - nothing, not a peep.

Raging doesn't begin to cover it. I feel like a mug paying this "Outfit" my hard earned cash on a monthly basis. 

2 REPLIES 2

DC
On our wavelength

Back on the phone. Another 30 minutes which includes crawling about the floor doing resets, explaining the same situation and being offered an engineer for the 12th October having already explained I'm away.

I pointed out that today's appointment is still open as, when I call from another account recognised telephone number I get an offer to check, reschedule or cancel, the adviser is telling me the job has been closed as resolved (even when I play that message on another phone).

Clearly lying. 

What an abysmal operation.

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @DC, and I'm sorry to hear of this poor experience.

Please check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn