cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet Hub 3. TV ok

Greenockboy
Tuning in

Hi,

For last couple of hours we have had no internet. TV is fine. We have a hub 3 box and power light, internet light, wifi light are all green. With the internet light flashing.

Have tried tighting all cables (they are), factory reset etc.. to no avail. Have an engineer booked for Thursday, but wondering if any ideas before then from anyone?

Service status says all services are fine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Greenockboy wrote:

Is that using the website? Or the automated status line 0800 5610061. That's often a better bet for loss-of-service situations which, by their nature, are localised and often street-level.

That said, if VM have booked a tech, that's probably because this appears to be a single-user fault only affecting yourself - in which case a tech visit is the best course of action.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Greenockboy wrote:

Is that using the website? Or the automated status line 0800 5610061. That's often a better bet for loss-of-service situations which, by their nature, are localised and often street-level.

That said, if VM have booked a tech, that's probably because this appears to be a single-user fault only affecting yourself - in which case a tech visit is the best course of action.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the reply. Turns out it was specific to my property. Engineer turned up today and replaced cable from pavement to house and all is good again. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Greenockboy,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you've been having some issues with your broadband connection.

I'm glad to see that an engineer has been out to your property and was able to resolve your issue! How is your broadband connection now?

You can always get in touch with us on the Community Forums, and we'll be more than happy to hep further if needed.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs