cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No intenet Access

DaniB1
Joining in

Had no internet access all evening. No devices will connect ie TV /mobiles phones.

Have tried turning off/on and resetting hub;  nothing has worked.

When I try to log on to My Virgin Media to test the hub it says it's the wrong address! How? I've never moved? 

Please help as online isn't helping at all and I don't know what else to do!

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @DaniB1 

Which hub do you have and what are the lights doing?

Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

The Check Service Status is often only populated with details of wide spread outages.

You could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more localised issues down to postcode level.

Whilst not ideal it's probably a better indicator of known problems and should also show the latest estimated date/time for the fault to be repaired.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

DaniB1
Joining in

I have a hub 3 and the lights are normal. I can't access the check status as when I log into my account it says my address is not recognised to my account?! 

I've called the number you kindly provided and it says there are no issues at my postcode.

I've tried rebooting and resetting... Nothing has worked... 😔

Lost as to what to do...

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

HI DaniB, 

Thank you for your post and I am sorry you are having issues, I have checked our systems and can see there are no outages, and your upstream and downstream look fine. I can see your drop outs from the past few days. Did your reboot help since your post? 

Let us know and we can best help 🙂 

Zoie

No still no intenet access! I had a technician booked in for Friday which has been cancelled as I was told issues would be fixed but still no acces and issue status is "resolved" 

What am I now supposed to do??

I've been without internet since staurday and now have no technicain appointment! I'm on the verge of tears as I have to work! Please help

Hi DaniB1, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. We're sorry to hear you're still having an issue with your connection. 

Checking our systems, I can see that there is a fault open that is affecting you. The details of that are here: 

• Fault reference number: F010447776
  • Estimated fix time: 09 FEB 2023 16:00
  • Description: Status report  ||  Virgin Broadband, Interactive TV & V6 On Demand services might not be working at the moment.Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I have made a note of this on your account so the relevant teams are aware you are affected and this will ensure the account is assessed automatically for automatic compensation once the fault is closed as resolved. 

If there is anything else we can do, let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for your reply . And for noting it on my acvount. The fault  has been ongoing since Saturday evening and I first reported my problem on Sunday. 

The expected date for fixing the issue keeps changing and has now been estimated for tomorrow 10th Feb. As it keeps changing I have little hope that it will be fixed tomorrow but still hoping.

In the meantime I've got no internet and it's affecting my work.

As gesture of goodwill, Is there any way my son can get extra mobile data (he's with virgin) so that I can use his phone as a hotspot without using up all his data?

Yours hopefully 

Dani

Hello DaniB1.

Thanks for your post. 
Sorry to hear about the issue with your broadband connection.

I have just ran a quick check on the hub and it looks appears to have been swapped.

Have we been out to take a look over the weekend?

If so, how are things looking now?

Gareth_L