cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No coxial connection

DanielCub
Joining in

I am currently moving into a house that doesn't have a coaxial connect on any of the walls is there a different way to connect modem? How Can I get one if not ? I am in contract but have to move house 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@DanielCub wrote:

I am currently moving into a house that doesn't have a coaxial connect on any of the walls is there a different way to connect modem? How Can I get one if not ? I am in contract but have to move house 

Call the pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734

Have you checked to make sure there is no other kind of connection? Sometimes there is no wall box, just a trailing cable. The cable could be hidden within, or behind, furniture. Occasionally only a very short stub of wire is left behind often hidden within a blanked-off fitting. The wall box may be branded with the logos of an old cable TV company (not VM). Past occupiers of your property may have removed the cable and sometimes they are removed by other installers, such as satellite TV techs.

If you have a plastic omnibox outside on the wall (where the VM cable comes in from the street) see if you can trace any wires from that into your home.

If no luck, call the number above for a tech installation.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@DanielCub wrote:

Call the pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734

Have you checked to make sure there is no other kind of connection? Sometimes there is no wall box, just a trailing cable. The cable could be hidden within, or behind, furniture. Occasionally only a very short stub of wire is left behind often hidden within a blanked-off fitting. The wall box may be branded with the logos of an old cable TV company (not VM). Past occupiers of your property may have removed the cable and sometimes they are removed by other installers, such as satellite TV techs.

If you have a plastic omnibox outside on the wall (where the VM cable comes in from the street) see if you can trace any wires from that into your home.

If no luck, call the number above for a tech installation.

There is a cable alright for the old channels you use to get but no coaxial would this work 

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @DanielCub thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Is there an internal box?  If so, are you able to post a picture of that box?  In the meantime, I would like to take a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R