cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No connection for 3 days

Jd52
Joining in

Had no connection for 3 days, after multiple calls a test being run down the line, a technician call, finally an engineer came out this morning to discover the street cabinet has been destroyed by a car! I Can’t believe no one else has reported this, so why didn’t they advise me of this earlier ? and I was told they ran checks and there WASNT a prob in area??? How long is this going to take to fix, I work from home ?? Where do I stand? What can I do in meantime?   I just renewed contract so within my 14 days cooling off! Period ? 

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Not much you can do other than wait for VM to fix the issue.

If you are within your 14 day cooling off period, having renewed, you can cancel the renewal and you should go back to the package/price you were on previously. If you wanted to leave after that you would have to give VM the standard 30 days notice.

Keep detailed notes of VM's responses to the outage (dates, times reported, tech visits etc.) as this will help to ensure you are paid the correct compensation

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

If many people are affected by the cable damage that might, hopefully, prompt a speedier response from VM than just for a single customer. If it looks like the outage is going to continue for a while, consider a mobile connection of some kind as a backup while you wait (data SIM on a rolling monthly contract etc.).

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The online service checker checks for Area faults - these may not report local issues like a single street cab.  That info is usually reported on the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

Did you check on there ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.