cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband - lightning cut off

Jelly_beanz
Tuning in

Since lightning struck on Sunday 23rd October, our internet has been down.

Our devices are connected to the router but it says connected with no internet.

The router has a solid green light with a flashing green arrow lights. Despite numerous reboots the router continues to flash in the same way.

We have booked an appointment on 2 separate occasions for engineers to come out to fix our internet but the appointments keep getting cancelled. When speaking to Virgin they inform us that engineers have fixed an issue in the area so all appointments in that area get cancelled but our internet is still down. We have made another appointment for today but have received 2 text messages confirming an appointment on the 1st and the 3rd November.

We are now in the second week of having no internet. My partner and I both work from home so cannot continue without internet for much longer. 

Please can someone from Virgin confirm if an engineer is still due to come to my house and when. Also please can you advise if we are able to leave our contract penalty free considering this is a breach of contract as Im not receiving any services. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jelly_beanz,

Thanks for your post, and welcome back to our Community Forums! 

I'm very sorry to hear about the circumstances that have caused problems with your service. I've taken a look on our end and can see that a Technician has since visited your property to repair this.

How are things since your post? Please let us know if you need anything else, and our team/community will be happy to help.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece

Yes we finally had an engineer come out yesterday. The lovely gentleman fixed our internet. 

Thanks.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jelly_beanz, 

Thank you for updating the thread and letting us know this has now been resolved. 

Please do reach out if we can assist in the future. 

Thanks, 

Nat