cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband for 4weeks

Kinny40
Tuning in

Since 26th December 2021 my broadband has completely stopped working . I called virgin who sent out an engineer on 5th January 2022. The engineer could not fix the issue but identified that it was a faulty cable outside and and that I would need a “repull “ . The engineer was able to book another engineer to come and do the work that same day and so I waited all day with a no show . I called virgin who said they would send another engineer the next day and once again a no show . Since 5th January I have had 8 repull appointments booked and every single one has been a no show , I have also called virgin 15 times to find out why and rebook but they are no help and continue to keep rebooking appointments when nobody turns up . It has been 4 weeks with no internet and no explanation as to why nobody is coming, and to top it all they have just sent me a full bill even though I’ve had no broadband , I already put in for compensation . Why is nobody coming to fix this issue and is there another way to contact somebody who can actually help ?

16 REPLIES 16

ah...thats not good.

I have 4g broadband from THREE as a back up in case my broadband goes down. They send you a hub and a unlimited sim for £14 a month

Sometimes its wi fi was actually faster than my VM 🙂

Just an idea as to tide you over till your broadband is fixed and then use as a back up afterwards

more expense I know but...

Hey John 

yes I am certain that I applied for the compensation but I will double check again 

thank you for your support and concern 

I’m actually beyond angry  with virgin as it is now 7 weeks with not a drop of broadband service and not one representative has contacted me  

Thank you for that recommendation 

but to be honest I shouldn’t have to be paying for 2 broadband services , virgin need to provide the service they promised and fix this issue Immediately .

but thank you very much for that option 👍🏾

Any update from the are manager it has been 2 weeks since I posted ?

Total =7 weeks no broadband !

Hi @Kinny40

Sincerest apologies for your poor experience and lack of communication from us regarding your cable re-pull and service installation! If there is an issue with cabling into a property and a re-pull is required this can sometimes take a little time, as we are often reliant on the council and 3rd party contractors for permissions to complete the work to be granted, and then the work to be completed - I can appreciate this has been a poor experience for you, and I do want to assure you that we will take this into account when reviewing your complaint, and offering you a resolution. The top priority currently is ensuring we get you a service connection ASAP. We will of course be reviewing your complaint with you again as soon as this work is completed. 

I will send you a PM to confirm a few details so I can look into this further for you and provide you an update.

All the best. 

Molly

After 7 long weeks I finally have my broadband services back on , the repull was completed on Thursday and connection was completed yesterday ... I’m exhausted but happy , just need to chase up on this compensation payout now 

thank you for your support !!

Hi @Kinny40, thanks so much for your post and I'm really glad to hear you're all back online after such a long time.

I'm just going to drop you a PM to discuss your compensation request and I'll be in touch in due course with further information.

Many thanks

Tom_W