cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband for 4weeks

Kinny40
Tuning in

Since 26th December 2021 my broadband has completely stopped working . I called virgin who sent out an engineer on 5th January 2022. The engineer could not fix the issue but identified that it was a faulty cable outside and and that I would need a “repull “ . The engineer was able to book another engineer to come and do the work that same day and so I waited all day with a no show . I called virgin who said they would send another engineer the next day and once again a no show . Since 5th January I have had 8 repull appointments booked and every single one has been a no show , I have also called virgin 15 times to find out why and rebook but they are no help and continue to keep rebooking appointments when nobody turns up . It has been 4 weeks with no internet and no explanation as to why nobody is coming, and to top it all they have just sent me a full bill even though I’ve had no broadband , I already put in for compensation . Why is nobody coming to fix this issue and is there another way to contact somebody who can actually help ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ah...thats not good.

I have 4g broadband from THREE as a back up in case my broadband goes down. They send you a hub and a unlimited sim for £14 a month

Sometimes its wi fi was actually faster than my VM 🙂

Just an idea as to tide you over till your broadband is fixed and then use as a back up afterwards

more expense I know but...

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I will ask VM to comment here on what on earth is going on here

Are you sure that you have you activated the "compensation" timer so you are not paying for no service?  You say you have but worth double checking - this is terrible service !

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

the system books the appointment tomorrow and the next day and the next day when each one is not met - why only VM know - the repull is done by outside contractors not VM techs so thats the next problem - they seem not to talk to each other or at best speak different languages

i was where you are last year and in the end ggave up trying to progress it - it will get sorted but in their time - wait for VM on here who might be able to offer some clarity but maybe not - i got a mobile sim from Smarty for £18 a month which worked well - slow but reliable

the compensation scheme should be automatic if you have logged it - i have BB only and it was £8 a day - knock a couple of days off at each end and they pay that - i assume for more services lost it would be more

they paid mine as a cheque - you have to continue to pay your bill through it all so that reduces what you actually are compensated

you can push by ringing all the usual numbers and complaining via the ceo's office but in my one off experience its a waste of time - once the 'system' has kicked in you wait for it to happen

i hope iam wrong in your case and you get it fixed quicker

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Kinny40,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your broadband connection, this is far from the experience that you should be having with us.

I have looked into your account and can see that another appointment has been booked in for the cable to re-pull.

I will also be getting in touch with the area manager to see if there is any further updates that they can give me that is shown on your account at the moment. 

Once the area manager comes back to me, I will get an update to you ASAP.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thank you so much tony for replying back 

your reply was actually faster than my broadband LOL

i guess I will just have to wait which is a nightmare but I will be keeping an eye for that cheque, very helpful thanks 

Thank you 

I will be waiting eagerly for your update .

Kinny40
Tuning in

I posted a message last week regarding not having any broadband since Boxing Day . I have been waiting for a repull appointment since 5th January , it is now February and this is getting beyond ridiculous . I really need answers as to why nobody is contacting me . Every time I call I am put on hold and then cut off . I need someone from Vm to personally contact me and give me answers. It has been 5 weeks with no broadband , I’m tired of apologies I need answers and an engineer now !!!!

My word this is an absolute nightmare....how longs left on your contract?

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Kinny40

I can see that you have been speaking with another member of our team, we would advise to keep all information on the same thread. 

Steve Is in contact with the AFM regarding the ongoing situation.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

March 2023 😩😩