cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband for 18+ hours

Vix1017
Tuning in

We've had no internet/ broadband for over 18 hours now locally and when I go on the help site, the message just keeps saying that a technician is in the area working on the problem and our area is a known location with problems at present.

Is there anything at all we can do to find out how much longer it'll take to get it fixed?  The help site just keeps saying by 20:20 it'll be fixed but it said that yesterday too and didn't come back on.

Is there any UK based telephone helpline where we can talk to a real life person and ask for updates?

We rely on internet for work, so this is really becoming a huge problem now after so long without a connection.

Thanks for any advice.

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Vix1017 wrote:

Is there any UK based telephone helpline where we can talk to a real life person and ask for updates?

You can call faults on 150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

Otherwise the forum staff should be along in a day or so.

Although it won't help resolve the fault any quicker, make sure you've registered your loss-of-service for the auto-compensation scheme - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation - take note of the initial 2working day grace period before a Bank Holiday weekend....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Vix1017, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to see you are having some issues with your connection.

I have taken a look at our side and I can see there was an outage, however it's now been resolved.

How was your connection been since this? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?