cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No WiFi daily

faekaruna
Tuning in

Every day I'm having to reboot the wifi, at least once. I'm now stood right next to router, have done a blackspot scan and recieved an excellent, thumbs up result...yet no actual wifi is being received. I'm using my mobile phone service. SO sick of this, especially as it costs so much. We have a booster, the router is high up, in the best possible place etc etc. It's just terrible 🤬

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Is it "just" a wifi issue?

That is, are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

What Hub model is it and what are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks John, it's only on WiFi, ethernet is fine. And a hub 3 that does various things, sometimes just the white on light, showing all is well (it's not!) and sometimes it's flashing green with green flashing arrows. We had a technician come out, he did something outside and said we shouldn't have any more problems but...

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If the base light flashes green it usually means that the network connection has been lost. Can you do this...

Post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there.  In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up [there should be no need to login if you have done so before unless you have the New Hub4 when you do] click on the “router status” icon/text at bottom-middle or top/right of the first page up and then just copy/paste the normal “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 pages from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs page. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again.

Also, in the meantime... If you haven’t already, set up a free, secure and “offlsite” - “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi faekaruna,

Thank you for posting on the Community Forums!

I'm so sorry to hear you've been suffering from ongoing issues with your broadband service. @jbrennand is absolutely right - if the base light on your hub is changing to green, this would indicate that the hub has lost an internet connection so technically your wired connections would be affected, as well as your wireless ones.

I'm going to pop you over a PM now so I can take some details and look at the back end of your services for you to see if there are any issues. Please do look out for my message over at the purple envelope.

Kind regards

Beth

Beth