Menu
NiftyNanna
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No WiFi connection

I have been happily using Super Hub 3 for quite some time now. Yesterday the WiFi connection kept dropping out. I did a reboot which didn’t solve the issue. My iPad & iPhone look as if they are connected but when I log on to the internet it drops out straight away. I ha a very tense conversation with someone who promised to phone back but didn’t. This afternoon I phoned again as I’ve rebooted again to no avail & now have a flashing green WiFi light too. After a very long “discussion “ when I was told that there was no fault so no engineer could be authorised I felt I had to suggest I would terminate the contract as I’m paying for a facility that I’m not getting. At which point I was offered a new hub to be delivered and fitted by myself. I thought I was paying for unlimited call-outs. I sincerely hope I have less trouble fitting it than a neighbour of mine. I also felt that I was being told it was my fault but no alterations to equipment or position of equipment have been made & it’s worked perfectly since it was first installed. I’m not a happy bunny. Any other suggestions anyone?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: No WiFi connection

Try a  pinhole reset to factory settings.  Push the pin in to its stop point and hold for a "timed" 40 seconds do NOT restart the router after that.   Then go into the Hub3 settings (go to http://192.168.0.1  or  http://192.168.100.1 in your web browser) and in the settings -  "smart wifi" disable the "channel optimisation".  Then, in advanced>wireless>security, rename the 2.4 & 5 GHz network ssid's.  Just change 'em to whatever you like and something that will differentiate them (e.g - xxxxx2 & xxxxx5) use the same password  if you like,  Then, save settings and restart Hub.  Your 2 wifi networks will now be clearly separated and you can then select the network you want to connect to, individually on each device from their "available networks" lists.  5 GHz is usually better and subject to less interference than the 2.4 one - although this one has the better "range" and some older/cheaper devices can only use this one. 

See if that helps sort the problem.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
NiftyNanna
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your answer. Will I be able to access the internet after factory reset or will I have to use my iPhone data allowance in order to do it? Sorry to sound a bit thick but I need to be sure before I actually start the process. Can you change the settings without doing a factory reset?And any idea why it would suddenly start misbehaving?

Thanks again. 

0 Kudos
DaveM
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

After a factory reset everything returns to the default settings. Passwords etc as printed on the hub label, if you've changed your wifi password it will now be the one on the label.

Yes, you can change settings without resetting.

Dave

"The late great Douglas Adams: A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
0 Kudos
NiftyNanna
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for that. I’ll give it a go when I have the time. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
rasu-25-Hari
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Lately i am having problem connecting my iphone to the WiFi . It keep on disconnecting  the WiFi and when trying connecting it on my Network it fail to recognise the code.

Please check what is going wrong 

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ty_S
Moderator (Retired)
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi NiftyNanna

I’m really sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing with your WiFi connection.
I've run a few checks on your connection and everything looks ok with your modem. There are also no local area faults reported.
How are things looking with your broadband connection now? 
Kind regards

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
NiftyNanna
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have managed to get a connection by following advice from someone on the forum. In some rooms it’s quite slow & the green WiFi light is constantly flashing. I’ve had to separate out the 2G & 5G settings so I log on to whichever is better. I have a replacement Hub3 on its way to me & it will arrive on Friday. Hopefully I will be able to install it myself after which I’m hoping the situation will be back to normal. I can’t understand why it suddenly went haywire as it’s been brilliant for months!!! Anyway fingers crossed. I’m away till Thursday so will try & do the installation as soon as I receive the new hub on Friday. 

0 Kudos