cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No WiFi at all

Lou23
Joining in

Hi All, 

i am so fed up, for months now Virgin has been dropping in an out, but the last 2 or 3 days have been dire.. i have no WiFi at all. 

i cannot get my main work PC on line, our virgin number doesn't even show up in the list of networks. 

I have tried, switching on and off.. and looked at settings, still nothing. it is sitting with an amber light on, that is it. we are supposed to be leaving at the end of september, but i still have paid for the service up till then,  the post code is EN8

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
First, have you checked first for “known network faults”

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

Secondly, are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

What Hub model is it and what are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens? Ais the base power light flashing?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Lou23, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing on Wi-Fi

Are you able to provide any answers to the questions posted by @jbrennand?

Just to add to this, do you have Wi-Fi issues in the same room as the hub or are you experiencing issues in rooms away from the hub? 

Do you have any Wi-Fi boosters/pods/extenders installed in your property?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn