Menu
rumblesushi
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No WiFi, No TiVo

Hi everybody, So here's the thing, yesterday teatime I noticed the wps symbol flashing. The internet was fine but I went and pressed the button to see if it would turn off.

It didn't, but instead it dropped the wifi out completely, I rebooted, disconnected and reconnected the cables, still nothing.

For reasons I can't quite get my head around I also rebooted the TiVo box.

So now I have found myself with no TV or internet. I rang Virgin who advised me there was intermittent problems in my area and there was nothing they could do and they were hoping to have it fixed by July 26th!?!

My internet isn't intermittent, Its full blown green light flashing out. I checked with the neighbours joined on to me and they are fine, same with friends two doors down.

I'm pretty sure ive either unplugged something I shouldn't have or there is a fault with the equipment.

Virgin wont send out a engineer because of the apparent known area problem that only I'm seeming to be having.

I am sat here In silence and board games will only keep the kids happy for an hour or so before they start climbing the walls...anybody got any ideas???

0 Kudos
chenks
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No WiFi, No TiVo

try reporting the issue again to CS, but this time explain the issue fully, and expain the issue is NOT intermittant.
0 Kudos
rumblesushi
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I did but he said the system was designed so that if he booked in an engineer it would automatically cancel the appointment due to it flagging up a problem in the area.

Basically made out there was nothing he can do and I'll have to sit it out for a week or so!!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Try switching everthing off and unplugging for 5 minutes. Then fire up the Hub and see if it connects. If it does start up the Tivo. If it doesn't do a pinhole reset to factory settings. With the Hub "on" push in the pin on the back/side/bottom of the Hub with the end of a paperclip until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold for a "timed" 60 seconds do NOT restart the Hub after that. Your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and Wifi networks should revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card. See if that brings a connection. Start up the TV box anyway an see if there is life. If it doesnt work then there really is an issue with your VM connection.

As well as the “check service,” weblink there is also a Service Status number 0800 561 0061 which usually tells you of local issues, down to postcode level (that might even not yet be listed on the Service Status web page) that may give you more info.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
rumblesushi
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, I'm about 20 hours without any service and I'm going quietly mad.

I'd tried the reset before to no avail, I did it again and the other steps but still no joy.

The online service tells me there is no issue but the phone service number you gave me says there is a problem and it will be sorted out by 3pm.

I'm dubious though,  Just from the fact that the rest of the street have zero issues at all.

Getting the TV back on would be a start but I can't even do that.

I've just got the nagging feeling that I've plugged something back in incorrectly or not in at all, Its a mess of wires at the back of my telly.

Cheers again, see what they have to say in an hour or so.

0 Kudos
rumblesushi
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Okay rest of street seems to have caught with me...all out, everybody now getting told the same...fixed by next Friday!! Woeful service but with apparently "substantial compensation for each day its down"

Cursing that I rebooted TiVo, can't load up channels, haven't got an aerial, old sky cable not working either.

Cant think of anyway round this, gonna have to sit in silence for a week I guess unless anybody can think of a way round it...gutted.

Made a huge mistake switching to Virgin It seems.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If (for example) some numpty drains digger has cut through a main cable or a bus has demolished a local street cabinet there is not much you can do about it until they get it fixed. Only thing you can do is provision yourself with a back up system - e.g. a Mifi with a 4G (or 5G!) data SIM to cover the period of downtime.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
rumblesushi
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Fair enough, theres no planning for somebody else's mistake if that is what's happened, but a week to fix it and with zero correspondence from the provider is just flat out terrible customer service.

Cheers for your reply, you've been a hell of a lot more helpful than anybody from Virgin.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello rumblesushi

We are sorry to hear you have had these issues, have now been resolved? If the issue is listed on our service status page, you can opt to have updates from us regarding said issue, We appreciate this happening is frustrating but I can assure you, we work as quickly as we can to get them resolved and get your services back to normal.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos