cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No WiFi 2.4Ghz visible on my Hub 4

rfjtam
Tuning in

I have tried separating WIFI 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands in my hub 4 by changing their SSID names but with no success. I have tried resetting the hub to factory defaults and still nothing.

I have a number of devices that require 2.4Ghz network I now cannot use. I did not have this problem with Hub 3.

Is the hub faulty?

8 REPLIES 8

Straight6Petrol
Dialled in

Can't really help much as I have my Hub 4 in modem mode, but from memory alone there is a stupid box that needs unticking called "synchronise channels" or something to that nature.

Make sure you have "smart signal" or "synchronise" or any of that nonsense unchecked and then try with your separate SSIDs again.

Let me know how you get on (make sure you reboot after changes).

Thanks. 

I have just tried it and still the same. 

Virgin makes my life difficult ☹️

You must have something ticked wrong. I have had no issues with splitting the bands with different names and running smart devices on 2.4GHz and the rest on 5GHz.

@rfjtam wrote:

Thanks. 

I have just tried it and still the same. 

Virgin makes my life difficult ☹️

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset exactly as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.#

Split the SSID as below;

• Access your Hub by navigating to 192.168.0.1
• Login with the default login info (on base of Hub) unless you've already updated it.
• Go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security
• Under Wireless Frequency 2.4GHz change the Wifi Network Name (SSID), suggest append _2 to the end.
• Repeat for the Wireless Frequency 5GHz, suggest append _5 to the end and click on Apply changes
• Try to avoid spaces and periods in the SSID names as they can cause issues with certain devices.

Switch off the Smart Optimisation as well.

If this does not work, it sounds like the Hub is faulty and will need a technician to verify and replace,

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried everything you said but unfortunately this did not fix my issue.

I think it is time to contact Virgin Media by phone.

Hi rfjtam,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you've been having some issues with the connection. 

I've had a look at things from our side, and it looks like there is a power issue that requires an engineer visit.

Before I can arrange this I'll need to confirm a few details with you, I've popped you over a private message for this (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

PM sent. Thank you 👍

Thanks for popping your details over via private message 🙂

I've arranged the engineer for you now, you'll be able to view the time and date of the appointment via your online account here

Alex_Rm