cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No WIFI again, all day long. :(

dazstrange
On our wavelength

Hello

How can I replace my Hub? I'm convinced it's not working properly any more. Had it for many years now, and it's always been fine. But recently we are just getting little to no WIFI. An engineer came out a while ago and got it back up and running. But today, it's back to the same problem - zero WIFI. 

I've turned the hub on and off and reset it via the little hole, many many times - but nothing ever works.

Connected via Ethernet, it is totally fine. Just zero WIFI. Occasionally I can connect to the WIFI network, but although it says I'm connected, I still can't access the internet. Mostly, I can't even access the network as it drops in and out constantly or boots me off.

I am having to use my phone data to get my Mac connected which is just getting unbearable. Trying to work at home is totally useless. 

Am I able to get a replacement hub to try? I am desperate to fix this now, as I need to work from home and £50 a month for no WIFI is ridiculous. 

Any help most appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried the full 60 second pinhole reset?  It might be worth a try.

Remove any ethernet cables. Press the pinhole switch for a full 60 seconds.  Do NOT reboot the Hub after this, just let it do it thing.  Once it has settled after 10 minutes or so,  it should be ready to use.

If this fails. then you may need a replacement Hub.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What Hub model is it?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John

Thanks for replying. It's a SuperHub 3. Had it for ages and never any issues. Then this year, it's just become awful. 

Still no WIFI this morning. I've check the tightness of the cables, reset the darn thing many times, makes no difference. 

Headache!

🙂 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried the full 60 second pinhole reset?  It might be worth a try.

Remove any ethernet cables. Press the pinhole switch for a full 60 seconds.  Do NOT reboot the Hub after this, just let it do it thing.  Once it has settled after 10 minutes or so,  it should be ready to use.

If this fails. then you may need a replacement Hub.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

dazstrange
On our wavelength

Thanks for your reply. 

Cool, I've not tried that one yet. Thanks for the suggestion - I will go and try that now 🙂

Cheers

Wowzers - seems to have done the trick, and not only that, it feels lightning fast over WIFI! That's crazy 🙂 

Really hope it lasts and doesn't drop out again, but it's looking very promising! 🙂 

Thanks for your help people.

Screenshot 2021-11-10 at 11.11.40.png

Hi dazstrange, thanks for the message. I am happy to see that the connection is running smoothly. please let us know if anything changes? - Chris.