cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No VM wall socket

Jade_mcn
Joining in

Hi guys, 

I have just moved into a property which I know had virgin broadband however I have ordered my install kits which has been delayed! I work from home so need set up ASAP. I can’t find a virgin wall socket I have followed the wires from omni box which leads me to a black wire. Would I be able to use a data coupler as I need Wi-Fi asap.

the black wire I found says “CABELOCK” which matches the one in the omnibox 

2 REPLIES 2

g0akc
Problem sorter

Can you post a picture of the cable?

What type of connector does it have?

I gather some VM cable connections lack a wall box and are just a coax cable into the room (though I would prefer to have an isolator).  You may be able to connect the cable directly to the hub, or use an adaptor/coupler.  If you get stuck you may need to request a Virgin Media technician visit.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jade_mcn, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear there was a delay in getting your kit out to you. 

Checking things this end, I can see since posting, you've spoken to the team and they have arranged for an engineer for you. Please let us know how this visit goes and if you need anything else, you know where we are. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs