cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Upstream for months!

Lord_Beerman
On our wavelength

Hi folks I'm looking for some advice.

I've had this issue where I have had no upstream for a few months now. An engineer came out to fix the downstream issue (fitted attenuator). He said he couldn't do anything about the upstream but there should be engineers looking into the cabinet down the road. I've not seen a virgin van since (maybe I missed them?)

Every time I call up Virgin Media they say there is an outage in the area and they expect it to be fixed in 2 weeks. The problem is this 2 weeks gets extended by 2 weeks EVERY 2 weeks!

Essentially it seems they are just not doing anything about it. Meanwhile I'm having to accept I'm stuck with an intermittent connection!

Downstream:

Lord_Beerman_0-1673087794133.pngLord_Beerman_1-1673087815089.png

Upstream:

Lord_Beerman_2-1673087846858.pngLord_Beerman_3-1673087863688.png

Does anyone know a fix or a way to get Virgin engineers to look into this. (Bypass the useless customer support team)

Thanks 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Lord_Beerman 

My apologies that you have had a sales call whilst experiencing a service fault. 

I believe this needs further investigation at the home so we'll need to book a technician visit. I appreciate you have had a technician previously that advised that they could not resolve due to the outage, but it seems odd to me that your hub log and also our systems pulls no upload data. 

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

27 REPLIES 27

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Lord_Beerman,

Thank you very much for joining our Community.
Can I just apologise for upstream issues
We can run a few tests from here and check on your equipment.

Sadly right now we do have an SNR issue in the area.

This is due to be reviewed on the 16th January.
If it still the same after the 16th, pop back on here and ask for an update quoting reference number F010337396.

We can assure you this will a top priority to get fixed.

Gareth_L

Thanks Gareth. Fingers crossed, but I'm just expecting the review date to pass then get extended another two weeks.

No surprise here. It's still not fixed.

F010337396

Please don't tell me it's been reviewed and now expected Feb. Nothing seems to be happening, internet has been like this since November!

Hi there @Lord_Beerman

Thank you for popping back to us and I am so sorry to hear that these issues have continued. 

I can see that the outage has been extended to January 24th at 9am, I am so sorry that this has been extended but it does mean our teams are still working to get this resolved for you as soon as possible. 

Are you able to let us know how things are looking after this time?

Nothing has changed and it appears nothing is being done about the issue (not seen a virgin van in the area for weeks xD), except that the expected "resolution date" gets put back 2 weeks every time it get's close.

Internet has been like this since end of October (original fix date was some time in November). Am I able to break the contract as I'm not getting the service I pay for?

The main issue is, when gaming on any device we experience consistent "rubber banding" and latency spikes. But it does affect other devices' internet too.

Hi @Lord_Beerman,

I can appreciate this is frustrating and I can assure you our engineers are working on it. 

The estimated time of fix is 24 JAN 2023 09:00.

Once the outage has been verified as resolved, please reboot your hub and if there's any further issues, let us know. 

Thank you

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Not really very helpful @Ayisha_B. 😑 

The original resolve date was November/December. So my question is, what do I do if this just keeps getting pushed back? I'm assuming it will NEVER be fixed at this point.

Once again, the problem hasn't been fixed when it was supposed to have been. I'm guessing there is ANOTHER new fix date.

Am I stuck sitting out the contract and never using Virgin again?

Does someone have the technical phone number, not the customer service call centre (who just tell me there's an outage)? OR at the very least a realistic fix date and the priority level?

Post restart today:

Lord_Beerman_0-1674580534987.png

Sorry to see that this isn't much help to you.

I have checked the SNR status today and it does look like the estimated fix time is now showing as 30/01 at 9am. As these times are estimates they can change. Please check here for information of auto compensation eligiblity.

If you have any further questions, please let us know. We will be happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

They should just leave it TBA until they have a definitive date. Just pushing the date back 100 times seems pointless.

I doubt I will get auto compensation as it's not a complete loss of service. And even then I'll probably have moved house by the time it's fixed.

Pretty sure I can end the contract as it's been 30+ days. Can someone confirm that (not the auto compensation scheme)?