cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service

MummaG31
Joining in

Broadband & TV service crashed last night whilst trying to use On Demand. This is a recurring issuing which I have previously complained about.The usual remedy steps failed and the issue is now stated as a cable problem which needs an engineer visit. The date offered is next Wednesday which would mean 5/6 days with no service at all.

Is this acceptable? Is there a way to expedite? I, like many others, need a reliable service to work from home etc.

Thanks in advance for any advice

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @MummaG31 

It's a residential service so no SLA, 5 -6 days is around average.

If you keep checking in My Virgin Media, under Orders & Appointments, there may be an earlier date available to book if somebody has cancelled their appointment.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Following on from the original fault, I received a message stating my appointment was put on hold whilst a Network Issue was investigated. To which the problem was fixed and all services came back up at lunchtime, however Customer Services emailed me to state there were “no faults in my area”.

this morning the TV service has gone off again and I cannot get through to Virgin via any communication channels. It’s so frustrating to not be able to contact anyone. On top of which when it asks me to test my equipment via my account it shows the wrong equipment which I haven’t had since last year……

any help with contacting @virginmedia.com would be most gratefully received 🤪🤪

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @MummaG31 

Sorry to see that you are having problems again.

The VM systems automatically cancel any tech appointments if there is a current area fault.

Sometimes they are more complex than thought which may mean that even though they initially updated the systems to show it had been resolved, they may find that more work is needed.

I would advise checking for local issues, firstly by looking at Check service status at the top of the page. (When you test your equipment from there, which equipment does it say you have, and which equipment do you actually have?).

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Both should provide an estimated date and time for when they think the issue will be resolved. 

If nothing is showing either on the website or on the automated status number then you should call it in again as fault.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hey there @MummaG31, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're facing with your services recently and when trying to contact us.
I will send you a private message so we can look in to this and possibly raise a case for you - watch out for the purple envelope 🙂

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs