cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service for 3 months

boomtang
Joining in

Multiple calls and emails are not making any progress through regular channels, so will try here,
The problems started from day 1 of the installation of the virgin package of tv and broadband.
Yor engineer who initially fitted the package at the beginning said there was a blockage with the tube going to our house but as a temporary measure you would use our neighbours tube and piggy back our cable through there , but this would only be a temporary situation and would be resolved shortly.
Now move on 18 months and we are still piggy backing our service through our neighbours cable.
On 12th October 2021 our neighbours sold their house and cancelled their Virgin  broadband and tv package and their package was turned off  as they requested and guess what so was ours  by mistake, from the problem that you should have rectified months earlier.  We called you to confirm our services were down and you were going to schedule a repair, but after 6 or 7 visits to repair our broadband and tv by your engineers we still do not have any service of any kind., After speaking to you staff concerning this issue multiple times you confirmed that you will  pay us £8 per day compensation which is currently at a running total of £592.as of today 30/12/21.  After another call  today your call staff  say engineers are booked to come out on the 3rd February 2022 to rectify the problem , by this time you will owe us £972 in compensation. 5 months without any service by any standards is dreadful and we would just like to cancel your entire package, this must be costing you a fortune, but you say we need to pay a cancellation fee for this to happen, can you just see sense and cancel, or do you still want to continue wasting money?
Look forward to seeing if we can get some kind of sensible resolution out of you..
Regards Dawn Ayres

Account number:  removed

Area reference: 4

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

1 REPLY 1

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @boomtang 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to our Community Forums.

Your post has been edited as we do not recommend posting personal details in a public forum. 

I am so sorry to hear that this has happened, it sounds incredibly frustrating and I can only apologise for this experience. 

I would be more than happy to look into this further and discuss this with you, I will send you a PM now so we can do so. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you.